Mold and mildew treatments
Mold and mildew treatment on carpet is something to put much concern and efficient dealing. Silk and wool carpet should always be professionally cleaned. Likewise, only a certified mold expert should remove any substantial amount of mold from carpet.
Step wise procedure to clean up or remove mold and mildew from smaller carpet is listed below:
- First, avoid all sorts of bleaching chemicals as they affect the coloration and long life of the carpet.
- Clean the carpet using a steam cleaner if possible. If you don’t have access to a steam cleaner, scrub the moldy area using a sponge dipped in a mixture of 1 teaspoon liquid dish detergent (I prefer the blue Dawn) and 1 quart of water.
- After the initial surface cleaning is done, mix 1 cup of household bleach (hypochlorite solution) with 1 gallon of water and sponge it directly on the affected area. Let the solution sit and soak into the carpet for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a steam cleaner (or shop vac), suction up any remaining moisture on the carpet.
- It’s important to dry the carpet as much as possible to prevent mold growth. To absorb residual moisture, place a folded towel over the wet area and stand on it. Move to a fresh area of the towel as moisture is absorbed. Be sure to thoroughly wash the towel after you use it.
To learn more about our mold and mildew treatment services contact us today. You can reach us by filling out the form on this page or calling us at 541-666-0777, We look forward to working with you.
I’M DONE WITH MY STAINS – WHAT NEXT?
If you’re fed up with your stains and ready to have your carpet looking like new again, we’re always here ready to talk to you, call us today at 541-666-0777 or fill out the form on this page.